We Can Help You File Your Unfiled Tax Returns

Hi, folks. This is attorney Michael Mack, and we’re going to talk about what you do when you haven’t filed a tax return or maybe more than one tax return. But the first thing I want you to do is relax. You’re doing the right thing by coming forward now. That’s much better than waiting for the IRS to catch you. Now my clients understandably are afraid; they’re afraid that they can’t pay the tax debt. They’re afraid that maybe they’re going to go to jail. Both of those fears are unfounded. There are always ways to deal with the tax debt, and the chance that you will be going to jail is about as great as you being swallowed by a sinkhole. Keep that in mind. Just relax.

Now when we have a client who comes to us and has not filed a tax return, there are a number of methods that we use to help our clients when they don’t have the documents to establish the deductions in income. We use reconstruction methods. We use affidavits. Our purpose is so that you are in substantial compliance with the tax code. You do not have to be 100% accurate. You do not have to have every document. That is a myth perpetuated by the IRS. You simply have to be in substantial compliance.

If you need help in filing unfiled tax returns the right way and finally having peace of mind, then give me a call at (414) 771-9200 or at [email protected] I’m sure we can help you just like we’ve helped so many others. God bless.